Gaianixx, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Gaianixx”) recognizes that the protection of personal information is not only the basis of our business activities, but also our social responsibility.
Gaianixx handles a wide variety of information, including information related to our products and services, as well as personal information provided by our customers.
1. Collection, use and provision of personal information
We have established an information management system to protect personal information in accordance with the actual conditions of each business activity, and will handle personal information appropriately in accordance with the prescribed rules for collection, use, and provision of personal information.
2. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
We will comply with laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information.
3. Safety Measures
In order to protect personal information, we will take measures to prevent leakage, loss, alteration, or destruction of personal information by managing such information, specifying how personal information is taken out of the company, and preventing unauthorized access by third parties, in accordance with our information security regulations.
4. Requests by the person in question
If we receive a request from you regarding your personal information to disclose, correct, delete, use, or provide your personal information, we will respond to such request in good faith.
5. Personal Information Management Rules
In order to promote understanding of the importance and necessity of protecting personal information among our directors and employees, and to ensure appropriate management of personal information, we have established personal information management rules and regulations, which we will comply with.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will only use the personal information we receive (or have received) in connection with our business activities for the following purposes.
- Personal Information” means personal information as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (including Specified Personal Information as defined in the Act on the Use of Identification Number to Identify Specific Individuals in Administrative Procedures).
- Personal Data” means personal data as defined in Article 16, Paragraph 3 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (including Specified Personal Information as defined in the Act on the Use, etc. of Numbers to Identify Specific Individuals in Administrative Procedures).
- Retained Personal Data” means retained personal data as defined in Article 16, Paragraph 4 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (including Specified Personal Information as defined in the Act on the Use, etc. of Numbers to Identify Specific Individuals in Administrative Procedures).
2. Business Activities
- Formulation and management of the Company’s management strategies and operations incidental thereto
- Execution of stock-related operations
- Provision of information and services to shareholders
- Responding to inquiries and requests from customers, business partners, etc.
- Execution of operations related to the management of directors, employees, and retirees
- Performing other operations incidental to 1 through 5 above.
3. Purposes of Use
(1) Purposes of use of personal information
(a) Personal information concerning customers
- To respond to various inquiries and requests for information materials from customers
- To reflect opinions, requests, etc. received from customers in our service improvements, etc.
- To report to customers and perform necessary processing, etc.
- To provide information on our business.
- To perform administrative work in compliance with laws and regulations
- To perform other operations incidental to the above.
(b) Personal information concerning business partners
- To contact business partners for various business purposes
- To execute various contracts with business partners
- To contact suppliers for business negotiations and meetings
- To manage information related to our business partners
- To perform other operations incidental to the above.
(c) Personal information concerning shareholders
- To exercise rights and fulfill obligations under the Companies Act
- To send and communicate annual reports, dividend statements, and other distributed materials
- To manage shareholders, including the preparation of shareholder data in accordance with prescribed standards under various laws and regulations
- To perform administrative work related to the preparation and submission of payment records
- To contact and respond to inquiries
- To perform other operations incidental to the above
(d) Personal information of directors, officers and employees
- To provide information related to recruitment and to perform duties related to recruitment
- To implement various personnel systems (including personnel evaluations) (including personnel evaluation), employment management (including secondment and transfer), human resources development and employment management, etc. To perform duties related to human resources development, employment management, etc.
- To perform duties related to the payment of salaries, etc.
- To perform duties related to welfare benefits, etc.
- To implement education and training
- To perform duties related to the management of service discipline (including rewards and punishments) To perform duties related to
- To investigate and improve working conditions
- To perform various procedures at the time of employment and retirement
- For various procedures and communications required by laws and regulations
- For various procedures and communications required for other business purposes
(e) Personal information concerning applicants for employment
- To provide information to applicants for employment (including internship applicants) To provide information to applicants for employment (including internship applicants) and to perform tasks related to recruitment activities
- To manage informal job offers
- To disseminate information on recruitment, etc.
- To consider more effective recruitment activities
(f) Personal information concerning retirees
- For various post-retirement procedures
- To pay retirement pensions, etc.
- To provide guidance and information on the company’s status and to offer recruitment information
(g) Personal information of persons who have inquired about our company
- To respond to inquiries
(2) Purposes of Use of Specified Personal Information
(a) Specified personal information concerning business partners
- To prepare payment records related to fees, etc.
(b) Specified personal information concerning shareholders to prepare payment records concerning distribution of dividends, etc.
(c) Specified personal information concerning officers, employees and their family members, and retired employees
- To perform clerical work for the preparation of withholding tax certificates, etc.
- To perform administrative work for the preparation of payment records, etc.
- To file notification of individual inhabitant tax, etc.
- To file notifications regarding health insurance and employees’ pension
- To file notifications related to employment insurance
- To file notifications related to group insurance, corporate pension plans, and other internal employee benefit programs
- To perform clerical work related to the preparation of payment records for employee stock ownership associations, etc.
- To perform other administrative work related to the above
4. Provision of information to third parties
We will not provide personal data to third parties except in the following cases
- When the individual concerned has given consent
- When required by law
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and in which obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
- Cases in which personal data is provided in connection with the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- When the handling of personal data is outsourced, in whole or in part, within the scope necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use.
- We will not provide personal information to a third party, except in cases where the provision of personal information to a third party is permitted by law.
5. Supervision of Contractors
In the event that the Company outsources personal data to an external contractor, the Company will enter into a confidentiality agreement with the contractor and supervise the contractor appropriately.
Contact for Inquiries
Requests for disclosure, etc. of personal information currently held by the Company and questions about the Company’s handling of personal information may be made through the following procedures.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to requests that do not follow these procedures.
1. Procedure for disclosure of personal information
Please send your request by mail to the address below.
We will confirm your identity or that of your representative, and upon confirmation, we will respond to your request in writing or by a method agreed upon by you and us.
Please note that you will be responsible for the postage costs and that it will take some time to respond to your request.
2. mailing address
7 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Entrepreneur Lab, South Research Building, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
Office hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays